Serbian Enamel Pin

 I finally got around to making the setting for my Serbian kilt pin.  My goal for 2013 is to really work on getting my silversmithing skills up to a decent level.

The setting is a combination of sterling and fine silver.  I had thought I might want to try fusing those little swirls in place, but after trying some samples, figured it would be easiest to just solder everything in place.  I started with the scalloped bezel wire using hard solder, then did the square outline frame using medium.  It's far from perfectly even, so I made the swirls to fit afterwards, and used medium solder again.

The matching cuff-links used the same scalloped bezel wire, but they were so large already, I didn't want to fuss them up with swirls.  I think they match pretty well...