This is a large piece, so I added the wires in two stages, starting with the face and main divider lines. All those tiny scales are going to want to drift all over the place, so it's better to have everything else already fired in place first.
When I bent my wires, I used extra care to make sure the scales would fit as perfectly as possible. With so many tiny little pieces of wire, one too-large piece could throw the whole design out of whack. Even so, I spent time trimming things as I was laying in the wires.
It looks like a lot of gold now, but ultimately, it's going to be a red dragon. I used a foundation of 24K gold leaf so the reds will be as brilliant as possible.